Challenger 604 Cold Weather Operations Training
The Challenger 604/605/650 Cold Weather Operations course presents terms, tables, and procedures associated with operations in cold weather for the Challenger 604, 605 and 650.
As this information is common to all 3 aircraft designations, only the Challenger 650 AFM and FCOM pages are presented. The information for the Challenger 604 and 605 can be found in their appropriate manuals. Any differences between variants, apart from page number, will be identified.
This course does not satisfy any requirement of 14 CFR Part 61.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
– Define important terms and concepts
– Describe key operating limitations
– Describe the use of holdover time (HOT) tables
– Identify the types of deicing/anti-icing fluids
– List phase of flight procedures
– Recall airborne icing effects on aircraft performance
– Introduction, definitions, and limitations
– Aircraft contamination and preflight procedures
– Holdover tables and deicing/anti-icing fluids
– Phase of flight procedures
– Airborne icing