Global 6000/5000 VFD FANS-1A+ (CPDLC) Maintenance Awareness Training
The Global 5000 (with Bombardier Vision Flight Deck)/6000 FANS/CPDLC maintenance awareness training course provides technicians with information on the background, components, functions, operations, servicing, limitations and human factors of the FANS-1/A+ (CPDLC) system.
This course is for training purposes only.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
– Describe the future air navigation (FANS) and controller-pilot data link communications (CPDLC)
– Locate major FANS components and state their functions
– Describe the steps for fault isolation, ground testing procedures and aircraft return to service
– Describe safety procedures
– Describe limitations and human factors
– FANS/CPDLC functions and components
– Normal operation
– Abnormal operation
– Maintenance fault diagnostics, rectification and return to service
– Limitations & human factors